New EcoBoost Petrol Engine in Ford Focus.
It’s on its way in the new Ford Focus. Ford are calling it “one of the most advanced petrol engines Ford have ever produced”. The engine is set to deliver class leading levels of fuel economy and emissions, yet still delivering some impressive power output. Fuel economy is on par with the diesel derivative but obviously petrol is currently cheaper. Being a petrol it doesn’t attract the additional 3% BIK tax that the diesels do!
The new engine will be available in 2 power levels:
- 100PS/160Nm with 5-Speed manual transmission (The CO2 output from 109g/km)
- 125PS/200Nm (with transient overboost) 6-Speed (The CO2 output from 109g/km)
Key Benefits Of New Engine
- Best in class CO2 performance for petrol engines of these power outputs
- Outstanding fuel economy; up to 58.9mpg combined cycle with petrol up to
- Petrol is cheaper than diesel
- Low Vehicle Excise Duty; standard rate of £20 p.a. for the 100PS version
- Extremely attractive Benefit in Kind tax for company car drivers of only 13% in 2012/13
Do these figures make the Ford Focus a possibility for your company car fleet?