How to save money running a company vehicle fleet
With company budgets tightening yet running costs still going up, Fleet Managers are looking at all possible options to save money on company car operating costs from their bottom line. How can this be done?
- Tyre Usage. Making sure that tyres are at the correct tread and inflated to the correct psi increases fuel efficiency and reduces the costs of running your fleet
- Lower emission vehicles. When replacing fleet vehicles, replace them with lower CO2 emission vehicles to take advantage of company car tax reductions.
- Pool vehicle or company car? Do your company cars need to be allocated to a specific person or can several people share a pool car? Would reductions on the number of cars affect the running of a fleet?
- Fuel Cards Do the administration fees involved in fuel cards make them a viable option for your company?
- Fuel Management Training Making sure that all drivers are trained in how to save and manage fuel will result in savings
- Negotiation. Negotiate prices on everything when running a fleet. Can you bundle certain items together?
How Run Your Fleet can help save money
Using the RunYourFleet service, especially tailored to help Fleet Managers save money and time when running their fleet, can help when spending money on car breakdown services, windscreens, car servicing, hire cars and more. For just £5 per vehicle per month – YES, only £5 per month per vehicle – RunYourFleet can do all the negotiation and pass on the savings to you.
How have you saved money this year on running your fleet? Would a time and money saving service help you?
28th December 2011
Categories:Saving money on running a fleet
Merry Christmas From the RunYourFleet Team
In Meet The Team on
Running a Fleet of Company Cars - Just how bad are our roads?
In General on